Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Sr. C#/.NET Developer in Chandler, Arizona
Sr. C#/.NET Developer
Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is located in Chandler, AZ - is currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to design, develop, implement and support business applications and technical solutions - primarily in support of our Material Planning, Manufacturing, Material Operations, and Financial Forecasting functions. The developer will join a small group of developers within the division that develop and support a wide variety of applications and tools across our business operations.
Our installed base of applications have largely been developed on Excel/VBA, Sharepoint, and SQL Server/Excel Forms platforms. We need to continue to support these applications and anticipate doing some development projects on the .NET platform in the future.
The developer will work closely with business partners to understand their needs and help identify ongoing process improvements that can be facilitated by greater access to data and by automated tools and applications. Will work with business process owners to develop and document application requirements. Will be an active participant in all subsequent aspects of the project – including analysis of alternate approaches/technologies, coding, testing, rollout, and maintenance. Will work to identify and implement development projects that integrate the data sets and applications currently in use. Will create the necessary user and developer documentation. Will participate in code reviews, be familiar with all major custom applications in use, and will function as a backup to other developers on the team.
• Candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Requires BS degree & 5 years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to travel: Travel expectation of 0% – 25%
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field is required with minimum of 5 years experience
• Experience with C# / ASP.net Development
• Proficiency in relational databases including SQL Server
• Experience writing SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• Experience developing enterprise applications in a MS environment.
• Proficiency in Visual Studio
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work constructively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines; proactive in identifying and addressing issues as they arise
• Disciplined approach to code/application documentation and version control
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• VBA development experience.
• Experience working in MS SQL Server Management Studio to create tables, build moderate to complex views, or to optimize queries.
• Experience in developing Web Services
• Experience with Materials procurement, planning, and production environment is a real plus.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Experience with Deltek/Costpoint ERP system is a plus.
• U.S. Citizen
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type:Full Time
Desired Travel:less than 25%
Years of Experience:5-8 Years